Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons is a family-owned and -operated funeral home that has been helping local families in Michigan for over four decades. Whether you’re interested in preplanning your funeral or you’re planning a memorial for a late loved one, we’re here to help. In addition to our traditional, military, and other custom funeral services, we also provide affordable cremation services. Learn more about our services below, or contact us
today to schedule a free consultation.
Reasons to Consider a Cremation There are several reasons why you should consider a cremation, including:
- Lower Costs: When compared to traditional burial services, a cremation tends to be more cost-effective.
- Environmentally Friendly: Cremations also tend to be more environmentally friendly than traditional burials.
- Easy Arrangement Process: Although Wujek-Calcaterra makes every process as hassle-free as possible, planning cremation services involves fewer steps than funeral services.
- Location Flexibility: If you and your family live in separate locations, you could perform multiple scattering ceremonies. Urns can be safely transported to any location.
The Cost of Cremation When Compared to a Traditional Funeral If you are interested in the cost of cremation, our team at Wujek-Calcaterra would be happy to go over the costs with you. The cost of a cremation can vary, but is usually between $1,500 and $3,000. Additional costs may include scattering ceremonies or other memorial services. When you compare this to a traditional funeral, a cremation is significantly less expensive. It is not unusual for a traditional funeral to cost up to $10,000. If you are working with a tight budget, we will work with you to make your services as affordable as possible.
What Kind of Ceremony Can You Have With a Cremation? Choosing between affordable cremation services does not limit the type of service you can have. Here are some options:
- Conventional service in which friends and family gather before the cremation. The decedent is present in the coffin.
- A memorial service is held following the cremation. The loved one’s urn may be the centerpiece, but a picture may also be used.
- Private ceremony for invited friends and family members to remember the loved one and provide support for each other.
- Direct cremation can be done when no funeral or memorial service will be held. We do recommend that you have a service to help you through the grieving process but do respect your decision.
Why Choose Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons? If you are looking for affordable cremation services in Michigan, turn to Wujek-Calcaterra. Some of the reasons why you should trust us include:
- Experience: We have a tremendous amount of experience planning cremation services, and we can customize your service to meet your family’s needs.
- Family-Owned: Work with someone who will give you the care and compassion that you deserve. As a family-owned business, we understand how important family is. We will go above and beyond to help you remember your loved one’s legacy.
- Efficiency & Availability: We understand that time is of the essence when you are trying to plan a cremation. Our licensed funeral director is available 24 hours, seven days a week to assist you.
- Transparency: We are open, honest, and transparent with all of our pricing. We understand that this is a challenging time for you and your family, and you do not need financial stress on top of it.
Plan Ahead With Help From Wujek-Calcaterra Let our team at Wujek-Calcaterra guide you through this difficult time. We’ve been a trusted name in Michigan for over 40 years. As a full-service funeral home, we not only offer funeral and cremation services, but also pre-planning consultations, grief support, and custom memorial services. If you have questions about the cost of a cremation service, or you would like to request a free consultation, please fill out our online form today.