Funeral Home Services and Costs Explained
If you have recently lost a loved one, you are probably going through a difficult time. The process of planning a funeral can be confusing, and you need to work with someone who can act as your emotional shepherd during this time. It would be our pleasure to assist you. We are Wujek Calcaterra & Sons, and we pride ourselves on total transparency during this process. You have enough to deal with, and you shouldn’t have to worry about unexpected expenses. Learn more about funeral services and funeral costs below.
What Services Are Typically Offered by Funeral Homes?
There are a lot of services provided by funeral homes. You usually have a tremendous amount of control regarding what services you want and what services you do not. For example, a funeral home will provide a place for family members and friends to gather during the service. The funeral home may also place obituaries in local newspapers for you. A funeral home might also set up a catered meal either on-site or at another location.
You can also ask the funeral home to hire members of the clergy, a floral team, or an organist. A funeral home can also collect donations for you on behalf of a charity or nonprofit organization. Of course, a funeral home can also help you embalm the body, select a casket, cremate the body, or donate the body to a medical school for research. You are in control of the services you want and the services you do not.
General Funeral Costs To Consider
There are several important funeral costs you need to consider. These include:
- Most funeral homes are going to charge a basic service fee. This includes planning fees, permits, and administration.
- You might also encounter merchandise fees. These cover expenses such as preparing the body, and bombing the body, and transporting the body from place to place. You will also need to pay for a casket or a burial container.
- Some services require a cash advance. This might be necessary if you want to hire an organist, members of the clergy, or funeral flowers.
The costs can vary significantly from place to place. That is why you always need to get an itemized bill so you understand what you are paying for. This will make it easier for you to decide what you want to pay for and what you do not.
How To Choose a Funeral Home
Choosing a funeral home is a significant decision, and there are a lot of factors to consider. Some of the most important factors to keep in mind include:
- First, you need to talk to your family and decide on a budget. How much money do you want to spend on the funeral? What can you spend without causing undue financial hardship? This will act as a guide during the process.
- You need to learn about your funeral rites. You should get price information over the telephone, receive an itemized quote when you visit, and you should only have to buy the goods and services that you require.
- Think about what is most important to you. Do you need to be near a place of worship? Do you need to be in a location that is easy for the family to get to? How flexible is the budget?
- Think about the arrangements you want to make. Do you want to donate the body to a medical school for research? Do you want to go with a direct cremation? Ask questions to figure out exactly what you are looking for.
If you keep these factors in mind, you should be able to find the best funeral home to meet the needs of your family.
Count on Wujek Calcaterra & Sons To Help You
These are just a few of the most important points you need to keep in mind if you are looking for a funeral home to help you. You need to honor the memory of your loved one, and you might be wondering how to select the right funeral service to do exactly that. At Wujek Calcaterra & Sons, we understand you have a lot to think about. We can walk you through this process, helping you make the best decision for your family. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you. We will give your loved one the care and compassion that he or she deserves.